A short term cash flow emergency can happen at any time. Or maybe you just want some extra cash to spend on your vacation. Whatever the case may be, we can help. With a starting limit up to $600.00, which increases incrementally up to as much as $900.00 for qualified customers, we are the perfect solution to your temporary cash flow problems.
Our cash advance service lets you cash a personal check for a 10% fee, and at no additional charge we will hold that check to your next direct deposit.
In order to qualify for this service, you must have a regular, scheduled direct deposit going into your bank checking account, and bring physical checks which you will cash with us. For a list of the required documentation needed to set up, refer to the first question in the FAQ section below.
Typically, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to setup your account with us, but keep in mind that long lines in front of you may result in a slightly longer wait. Hint: Saturday is not a good day to set up, if we cannot verify your place of employment.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more detailed information. You may also call us @ 877-958-CASH, or for real convenience simply use our Live Chat feature!
Q: What do I need to qualify for a cash advance with ChexTop?
- Direct deposit going into your personal bank account (we cannot use direct deposit that is going on to a card).
- A valid, local (DC, MD, VA) state issued ID or DL, and a supporting ID (ideally a work ID or SS card)
- A printout of your bank transaction history report with a running balance for the last 60 days.
- Most current pay stub/awards letter/etc.
- If your source of direct deposit is through your Employer, we will need a verified work phone number (don’t worry, we will not give them any information as to what you are applying for) You may also call ahead and fax us, or email us your documentation along with the signature card that can be downloaded by clicking here. This way we can verify the work phone number while you are still at work, and we can also get the bulk of the process done before you arrive. Remember that you will still need to bring your original documentation with you when you stop in.
- YOUR CHECK BOOK! You may need more than 1 check!
- Don’t forget your wallet or purse to stash the cash!
Q: How long does it take to apply?
A: Typically, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes to setup your account with us if there are no issues, but keep in mind that Fridays and Saturdays are generally our busier days which may result in longer wait times.
Q: How much will I qualify for?
A: Depending on your documented income you can qualify for up to $600.00. Unfortunately, we cannot determine your limit over the phone. You can facilitate a timely setup.
Q: What is the fee to use this service?
A: We charge a 10% fee to cash personal checks, and at no additional charge we will hold the check to your next direct deposit.*
Q: How often can I use this service?
A: Once you have reached your full limit, we must deposit and clear the checks that we are holding before you can use the service again. Note: It takes 15 days from the date of deposit for the checks to clear our system automatically. You can always bring in a printout of your bank transaction history with a running balance showing that the checks have been paid if you would like to use our service again before the 15 day automatic clearance.*
Q: What if a check I have written to your company is returning?
A: We ask that you contact our collections department as soon as you know that a check may be returning to us by calling 443-683-1031. You may also use our Live Chat feature to contact an agent!
*Certain limitations apply. Call for further details.