Cold nights, rainy days, raking leaves, Thanksgiving and Black Friday. It’s already November!! Can you believe it? Christmas presents and the holidays are coming, is your budget ready?
Identity Theft: Part II: The Dark Web
Did you know over 10 million people in the United States are affected by identity theft every year. If you’re wondering why identity theft is rising, think about the internet and you will find the answer.
The dark web is a hidden network of websites that is a popular source for criminals to capture your personal information obtained through hacks and data breaches. Here are some things about the dark web that explain why your identity can be stolen.
- Last year, over 1,000 data breaches occurred leaving victims’ identities open to being stolen and sold through the dark web.
- Cyber thieves will traffic your valuable information including social security number, address, bank account information, and even medical information for inexpensive amounts leaving you vulnerable to serious damage.
- Criminals who obtain your identity, may wait for a while after a breach to use your information.
Even though the dark web makes up a mere 3% of the internet world, a large amount of the cyber crimes committed make use of it. Utilizing credit monitoring tools such as LifeLock, is key to preventing the theft of your personal information and identity from going unnoticed.
- Don’t forget to check your email! We send out coupons and information to customers.
- Like us on Facebook to get up to $10.
- Refer a friend and get $10!
- November is a special time to remember.
From Team ChexTop